Maita'i Catamaran - Mahina Moonlight Sail
A 90-minute expedition complete with mood lighting. Make that, moonlighting. See twinkling lights and shimmering waters as you glide across the sea with the moon guiding the way. Includes charming captain and crew and beverage service.
Enjoy sailing on Maita'i, a "state of the art," twin-hulled, 44-foot catamaran designed specifically for Waikiki Beach! It features new equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran. It has a quiet, safe, environmentally clean propulsion system. Enjoy 2 large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing. It can reach incredible speeds with it's specially designed "wing mast." It includes CD sound system and state of the art, green Spectra sails. There is a toilet facility onboard. In order to ensure maximum comfort, we limit numbers although it is US Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers.
Maita'i Catamaran Features:
- New equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran
- Safe, quiet, environmentally clean propulsion system
- Two large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing
- Convenient barefoot boarding
- Specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds
- CD sound system
- State-of-the-art Spectra sails
- On board restroom
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers, we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort
- Where and When:
- Check-in and boarding is on the beach behind the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, 2255 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815.
From January 1 to February 28: Check in at 6:30 pm. Departure at 7:00 pm.
From March 1 to September 30: Check in at 7:00 pm. Departure at 7:30 pm.
From October 1 to December 31: Check in at 6:30 pm. Departure at 7:00 pm.
- Face masks are required for check-in/boarding and while moving aboard the boat.
Temperature checks and waiver to be done while checking in.
- Effective September 13, 2021, Emergency Order No. 2021-09, issued by the Mayor of Honolulu, becomes effective. Guests will need to either provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a valid ID or provide a negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours. Full vaccination means two weeks have passed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series, or two weeks have passed after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
Hard copy of vaccination card
Photo or digital copy of vaccination card
Safe Travels Hawaii application showing proof of vaccination
Exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination:
Proof of negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours
Children under 12 years old
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 1.5 hours
- Maitai Catamaran Snorkeling