Gunstock Ranch - Sunset Rides
Join Gunstock Ranch for a sunset horseback ranch on Oahu! Gunstock Ranch is a 400-acre working ranch with some of the best riding trails in Hawaii!
- The 1.5 hour Sunset
ride offers riding during the cooler part of the day and the opportunity
to see Hawaii's beautiful sunset skies. This is a walking-only (no trotting or cantering) ride.
Sunset Dinner Ride
Sunset Dinner ride is the perfect option for those who want to
experience horseback riding and a little bit of a campfire atmosphere.
This ride is 2 to 2.5 hours and includes a dinner by campfire (depending
on weather). If the weather does not permit a campfire dinner, you
will be taken to the covered pavilion to enjoy dinner.
- Boneless Short Rib w/ Kalbi Sauce – Braised short rib,
barbecued for a light searing and glazed in a cast iron pan with
- Pan-Seared Chicken – Jidori-style, organically raised,
free-range chicken is pan-seared, then baked with mirin-ginger
- Island-Style Mac-Nut Mahi Mahi – Mahi Mahi (island
fish) crusted with basil and macadamia nuts, then baked until
crispy and served with papaya salsa
All meals are served with salad, ulu mash (local mashed potatoes) and a Hawaiian Sun fruit drink and bottled water.
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time.
Sunset Dinner Ride Time: 4:30 pm
Sunset Ride Times: 4:30 pm (January to March), 5:30 pm (April to September) and 4:00 pm (October to December)
Gunstock Ranch is located at 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731. View Map
- Weight limit is 240 lbs.
Minimum age to participate is 7.
Parents and guardians must sign for minor children 7-17 years of age.
No pregnant riders.
All riders must abide by the trail guides instructions.
- Special Notes:
- Facilities at the stables do not have lockers or storage for valuables. Please limit your items to your pocket or fanny pack.
- Operation Days:
- Available daily except Sundays and major holidays.
- 1.5 Hours for Sunset Ride
2.5 Hours for Sunset Dinner Ride
- Gunstock Ranch